Friday, September 9, 2011

Today I was bored...

So I made this:

It's not perfect or even close to it. I just had an itch to get out my sewing machine and sew something fun and easy. I've recently started looking at all my favorite sewing blogs again and realized that I actually have a little girl now to sew all those cute things for. For some reason I'm really bad at following patterns, but making things up as I go is easy for me. For this, I just took out one of Ev's existing dresses and traced around the outline of it. Instead of doing a zipper in the back, I did a button on the side. I also added the ribbons at the top instead of sewing it together. It doesn't fit her great, but it was a fun experiment!

2 comments:

  1. I've learned that sewing for babies/toddlers is SO much easier than sewing pretty much anything else. They never sit still long enough for people to notice that the seams aren't straight and that the fit is all sorts of wonky. So, great work (from what I can tell)!

    ReplyDelete