Tuesday, September 6, 2011

10 months in New Mexico


We have now lived in Hobbs for a whole 10 months. I wish I could say that the time has flown by, but it really hasn't. Not because it's been all bad, but because so much has happened since we've been here and our lives are a lot different now. Life has had it's ups and downs for the past 10 months, but I'm beginning to realize how we've been blessed since we've moved here. Hobbs may look boring and awful on the outside, but it really is a special little place. We've made more friends here in 10 months than we've made in our entire marriage. There is so much love and support here. I was afraid when we moved here that I would be the girl in church with the new baby that nobody knew. I was so wrong. We had tons of support and love from our friends here. I feel like I've lived in this ward my whole life. Anyway, here are some of the things you missed.

I survived morning sickness and everything else that comes with pregnancy. Maybe I sound ungrateful, but I did not enjoy pregnancy and I'm not going to act like I did. Thank goodness that's over.



We bought a house. Our new home has brought a lot of joy (and hard work) into our lives. We love our home and we've had a lot of fun making it our own.


We had a baby and have enjoyed her for a whole 2 months. We also took her to Tahoe when she was 3 weeks old and enjoyed spending time with family.


We've been married for 3 years now. We didn't do a whole lot for our anniversary because we had a new baby at home and it just seemed like too much work, but we did go out for Chinese food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment