Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nursery

Since this was my obsession for most of my pregnant months, I thought it was worthy of a blog post. I always said that whatever kind of baby (boy or girl) I had, I wanted him or her to have an awesome nursery with green paint and white bead board. With help from Cody, we made it happen. My goal was to create a beautiful nursery without spending tons of money, and I have to say that I was extremely successful. I feel the need to take a minute and brag about my accomplishment. Behold..


The crib and changing table were used by a friend and we bought them both for $100. They are sturdy and in great condition. I love that the color of the wood is somewhere between super light and super dark. A little different than what's trendy right now. The blanket hanging over the side was made by Cody's Grandma Lowder who passed away a couple years ago.


The awesome glider was a gift from my Grandparents. I love it so much.


With my leftover fabric, some bias tape and an embroidery hoop I made the fabric bunting and the bird mobile.

I spent an afternoon with my good friend, Jessica, sanding and painting this old dresser.
My amazing, talented husband did (most of) the painting, and the bead board himself. We saved a lot of money by buying taller bead board and having it cut in half at the store. Cody made the chair rail out of 2x4s. He also put in the new doors for me.
My friend Beth helped me make these simple window treatments with some pink fabric and ribbon. The changing table baskets were on sale for $1 each at Walmart after Easter. I got my changing table covers at a 2nd hand childrens' store.

This is the sweet antique dresser before I painted it white. I found it at a second-hand store down the street called "Nana's collectibles." The nobs were in awesome shape and I liked the dark contrast against the white paint, so I kept them.

I found the mirror in an old woman's garage at her garage sale. She said I could buy anything for a dollar. It was yellow and old, but a can of spray paint and some goo-gone made it look brand new. The pillows I made one afternoon with fabric remnants (all the fabric I used came from remnants.) The picture frames were 25 cents each at a garage sale. I used the same can of spray paint on those.
A very organized closet thanks to the hanging pockets.
I found the lamp at, you guessed it, a garage sale for $2. I painted the bottom with craft paint and added the gem stones and ribbons from my collection.

I wish I had a before picture of the ceiling fan. The metal was a brassy gold color and the blades were dark brown. Cody spray painted both and it looks brand new.

1 comment:

  1. Erin! You are an amazing woman! The nursery looks perfect and I love that you guys did so much of it yourself! I wish that you were here so we could work on projects together! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete